Who are we looking for?
The Senior Tax Associate position is ideal for a skilled tax professional that connects and communicates well with clients and personnel at all levels of the organization. Your experience meeting rigorous deadlines, working in a fast-paced environment and your consultative approach to problem solving will give you the competitive edge you need to succeed as a tax professional.
Senior Tax Associate Job Description
As a Senior Tax Associate at Hernandez & Company you will work closely with a team of staff accountants and an assigned Tax Manager to ensure accurate and timely tax filing. You will be primarily responsible for preparing complex individual, trust, partnership, S corporation, C corporation and foreign tax returns. You will also act as a vital resource for your team assisting with specific tax-related client questions, meeting periodic performance goals, preparing tax plans and estimates, and responding to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
If you enjoy working in a team setting and have a passion for tax, we’d like to learn more about you.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related program
- Master’s degree in Taxation or Accounting or enrollment in an advanced degree program, preferred
- CPA license, preferred
- 2 – 3 years experience in the public accounting and tax industry
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Proficiency preferred, but not required, in Ultra Tax, SAP, RIA Checkpoint, and BNA
- English and Spanish or Portuguese required
Why join our team?
- Fast growing company that promotes from within
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- In-house training and access to a wide variety of CPE courses
- A family oriented culture
- A true “open door” policy at all levels