Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a leader who exemplifies our core values, vision, and mission. The Tax Manager position will require you to hone in on your problem solving abilities, provide support to your team through positivity and encouragement, and direct your team to meet and exceed performance goals. As the Tax Manager you will lead a group of experienced accounting and tax professionals in delivering high quality work and superior client service to our international clients. In this position, you will serve as a trusted advisor to your team and your clients maintaining team productivity and maximizing client engagement and satisfaction.
Tax Manager Job Description
As a Tax Manager at H&CO you will review and prepare complex federal and state income tax returns for individuals, corporations and trusts, research the implications of tax laws and advise clients accordingly, prepare tax plans and estimates, participate in client meetings, develop and mentor associates and managers, assess individual and team performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback, prepare research memoranda and other documents for IRS submission, represent clients before the IRS when needed, write tax-related articles and give presentations, facilitate in-house tax training sessions, while developing and maintaining expertise in taxation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related program
- Master’s degree in Taxation or Accounting or enrollment in an advanced degree program, preferred
- CPA license, preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in the public accounting and tax industry
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Proficiency preferred, but not required, in Ultra Tax, SAP, RIA Checkpoint, and BNA
- English and Spanish or Portuguese required
Why join our team?
- Fast growing company that promotes from within
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- In-house training and access to a wide variety of CPE courses
- A family oriented culture
- A true “open door” policy at all levels
If you enjoy working in a team setting and are passionate about your career, we’d like to learn more about you.