Who are we looking for?
The Tax Associate position is ideal for a skilled tax professional that connects and communicates well with clients and personnel at all levels of the organization. Your experience meeting rigorous deadlines, working in a fast-paced environment and your consultative approach to problem solving will give you the competitive edge you need to secure an interview.
If you enjoy working in a team setting and are eager to become one of the top professionals in the accounting field, our doors are open and we’d like to learn more about you.
Tax Associate Job Description
As a Tax Associate at H&CO you will work closely with a team of staff accountants and an assigned Tax Manager to ensure accurate and timely tax filing. You will be primarily responsible for preparing simple individual, trust, partnership, S corporation, C corporation and foreign tax returns. You will also act as a vital resource for your team assisting with specific tax-related client questions, meeting periodic performance goals, preparing tax plans and estimates, and responding to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related program
- Master’s degree in Taxation or Accounting or enrollment in an advanced degree program, preferred
- CPA license, preferred
- 1 – 2 years experience in the public accounting and tax industry
- Individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Proficiency preferred, but not required, in Ultra Tax, SAP, RIA Checkpoint, and BNA
- English and Spanish or Portuguese required
Why join our team?
- Fast growing company that promotes from within
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- In-house training and access to a wide variety of CPE courses
- A family oriented culture
- A true “open door” policy at all levels
If you enjoy working in a team setting and are passionate about your career, we’d like to learn more about you.